Thursday, January 26, 2012

Heartless by Gail Carriger

Heartless (The Parasol Protectorate, #4)Heartless by Gail Carriger

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

WHAT am I going to do for a month now waiting for the next one!? We left Alexia in Blameless in the early stages of her pregnancy and with some tantalizing hints of what kind if child a preternatural and supernatural would have. Heartless starts off five months later with Alexia in the final stages of her pregnancy and still trying to run around investigating a ghostly tip that the Queen may be in danger.

I've never really read anything with a pregnant heroine before, it was kind of a cool new perspective. And my God that kid sure has taken long enough to put in an appearance -- it's not until the final chapters that the highly unconventional birth takes place. And the implications we are left with at the end of the book are interesting enough that I've already pre-ordered Timeless.

View all my reviews

Get Steampunked!Historical Fiction Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment