Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Floating Islands by Rachel Neumeier

The Floating IslandsThe Floating Islands by Rachel Neumeier

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


It won't go down as one of the most memorable stories I've ever read but it was definitely an enjoyable way to relax over my holiday weekend. I'll always love fantasy books that I can explore strange new places along with the characters and the Islands, suspended in the air above the sea by dragon's magic, really fit that bill! Floating bridges and stairs, marmosets and gulls inhabiting the city streets and rooftops, hidden schools with doors that always open to something different, novitiates with an exclusive few apprenticed to be Island fliers -- the entire setting was just really fun to get lost in! Highly recommended for snowed in weekends like mine for a few hours of escape.



View all my reviews

What's a Name 5 challenge

1 comment: