Thursday, January 19, 2012

Blameless by Gail Carriger

BlamelessBlameless by Gail Carriger

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I'm really tearing through this series fast -- too fast, there's still a few weeks to go until the release of the final one and I'll be done with Heartless long before that -- how will I ever fill that void?

This picks up immediately after the events of Changeless and has Alexia hightailing it to Europe in search of some answers with the trusty Floote and Madame Lefoux in tow. I was really getting into learning more about Alexia's soullessness and the Biffy (Lord Akeldama's favorite drone) storyline really intrigued me as well... won't say too much more for fear of spoiling but gah! So many things still left unanswered at the end of this! This installment raised a lot of interesting questions and I'm extremely eager to get to the bottom of it all.

All in all I'm very much enjoying my first serious foray into steampunk. Recommendations for other steampunk novels and series are more than welcome :).

View all my reviews

Get Steampunked!Historical Fiction Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld is really good and the start of a trilogy. It's way more steampunk though and a YA title with teenage characters. It takes place in an alternate version of WWI, but I thought it was really creative and fun.

    I'm glad to hear you continued to enjoy the series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're a lot of fun, I'm really looking forward to the release of the fifth one. Thanks for the rec! I love alternate history :)

    ReplyDelete