Monday, January 16, 2012

Changeless by Gail Carriger

Changeless (Parasol Protectorate, #2)Changeless by Gail Carriger

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Well. It's happened. I'm fully addicted to this series! I love the characters and this one ended in a way that I had to rush right out immediately to grab the third. As such this review will be extremely brief so I can get back to reading Blameless.



After reading the first book I was confused by the inclusion of certain steampunk motifs that didn't seem to have anything to do with the plot so I was glad to see these motifs actually used in this story or at least explained a bit further. The only thing that really threw me off in this one was the overuse of each character's physical description. You can only read about the French inventor's dimples or Alexia's 'ample bosoms' so many times.



However overuse of physical descriptions cannot detract at all from how much I love all the characters introduced in the series so far! Alexia's bossy attitude, Ivy's sheer ridiculousness, Akeldama's flamboyance combined with high society niceties make for hilarious reads.


View all my reviews


Get Steampunked! | What's in a Name 5 | Historical Fiction Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment